C-Section Stories: Leanne Blanks
1. Briefly, please share the circumstances that led to your c-section birth(s):
For my first child it was a size issue. I labored for about 15 hours and it was determined my child was too big to get down into my pelvis. Therefore, I went in for a c-section which had been my biggest fear, but after laboring that long and getting nowhere, I didn't care anymore. My child was 10 pounds 7 ounces.
For my second child, I actually had a uterine fibroid directly over my cervix which cause a lot of issues; there was fear of excessive hemorrhage. However, in my small town, I was going to have a repeat c-section anyway due to discouragement of VBACs.
2. What surprised you the most about having a c-section?:
That it hurt so bad to walk actually! Also, having a bowel movement...trying not to use your abs because it hurts is really hard to do. We take our abs for granted I think :).
3. What kind of support do you feel you received (from friends, family, healthcare team) after your c-section(s)?:
Wonderful. I was also a nurisng student when I had my first, and was co-workers with the staff when I had my second.
4. What’s your #1 piece of advice/encouragement for a new c-section mom?:
Stay on top of your pain meds! Early ambulation is also important. Don’t feel like you failed in any kind of way because you didn't birth 'naturally.'
5. How do you believe having a c-section birth(s) made you stronger?:
Knowing how amazing the female body is and that it can go through something like that to bring forth life!
Name: Leanne Blanks
Your Business: Leanne Michele Wellness
Find me at: facebook.com/leannewellness